August 31, 2006

UNCOMMON SCENTS

I love perfume. My olfactory is probably the strongest of my scenses. The right smell can make me voracious, sleepy, creative, powerful, intimate, and strong. For instance: The smell of bread makes me hungry. Lavender makes me sleepy. Gardenia makes me feel feminine. Diesel fuel and bar-b-que makes me feel like skiing. The smell of coffee makes me feel creative. Roses make me feel intimate...and the list goes on.
Here are my favorite perfume pics. Most are uncommon (this means you can't buy them at your local Meyer and Frank department store). However you come across them, just make sure you do.

Chanel Gardenia: Both vintage and modern. This perfume was introduced in 1925 and reintroduced in the late '90s. I've heard Chanel will make this scent available for a while and then take it off the market for years. So I feel priviledged to have it now.

Scent Description:
A Sensual Floral Aroma With A Beautiful Blend Of Jasmine, Gardenia For Top Notes. The Middle Notes Include Clove, Sage And Pimiento. Finishing Off With This Amazing Scent Is Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood And Vetiver.

Price Point: $55.00

Where? here




Baroque Blue: This gel perfume by Stacked Style is the perfect scent to carry in your purse. It also doubles as a shine enhancer for your hair. I like to dab some on the end of my nose and smell it all day long.

Scent Description: With a heart of Tahitian gardenia, and unexpected notes of sweet coconut, rhubarb,
green grass, almond, rose, tuberose, muguet, neroli, tonka bean, amber, precious woods, musk.

Price Point: $22.50

Where? here

Kai: This is a small roll-on vial that can fit easily in your tiny clutch. More a summer scent then a winter scent, it will drum up images of lounging at the beach and hearing the waves. Very concentrated, a little goes a very long way. Created by Gaye Straza Rappaport and sold at exclusive boutiques and spas around the world.

Scent Description: Gardenia, tuberose, jasmine, and lilly. It's also now available in a spray.

Price Point: Roll-on $45, Spray $65

Where? here

Maui Girl: This perfume oil comes in the most adorable little ceramic bottle. One you'd be proud to display after the last drop of oil is dabbed on your wrist. I love that you pull off the top of the hula dancers head to gain access to the delightful scent. You can only get it by visiting Maui (the island) or ordering it from mauigirl.com. Either way you'll love it and leave everyone wondering how you managed to smell so good. You can also add this oil to a scent free lotion for a more versitile application.

Scent Description: Coconut, kukui nut, gardenia, almond and macademia nuts.

Price Point: $29.99

Where? here





Vanille Divine des Tropiques: by La Maison de la Vanille, this spray is the warmest vanilla spray you can find. I got mine as a gift from Marissa Beyers (thanks cutie!). It's soft and doesn't smell like cookies or anything necessarily edible which I find with a lot of vanilla scents. I spray this in my hair (expecially on non-wash days) and I smell like "a spring day" (actual quote by Jonathan Dorman).

Scent Description: An extravagant bouquet of tuberose, jasmine, heliotrope, hyacinth and gardenia perfectly complemented by luscious, delectable vanilla.

Price Point: $34

Where? here

No comments: