September 15, 2006

BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE

Nate and I are going to see Brian Jonestown Massacre tonight. I haven't seen the documentary Dig, but I know Nate has. Apparently BJM is known for some fairly crazy antics including a long time rivalry with The Dandy Warhols (Nate and I dig them, too) which is covered very well in the documentary.
I'm excited to see the band as their frontman (and resident crazy) Anton seems to be a very disturbed individual. Perhaps something monumental will happen tonight and I'll be able to say, "I was there when..."
Even if such an opportunity doesn't arise, I'm just excited to hear the music. BJM has a similar sound to the Dandys and when we saw the Dandys last December they chisled out a place in my heart. Probably one of the best performances I've ever attended.

Hooray for BJM.

No comments: