October 31, 2006

CHOP STICK STYLE

I know you try. But sometimes it's hard to get the hang of eating with chopsticks when you're used to a fork. Don't give up. Go here for proper stick technique and etiquette; and practice often. I keep a jar of pretty wooden chopsticks on my countertop so Nate and I can use them as much as possible. We were both pretty good to begin with but now we've met expert level.

I recommend getting some embellished wooden sticks. Stay away from the cheapy plastic alternatives; they'll just waste your time. My collection is a combination of finding a few while shopping around and a gift from someone who visited Japan. I even like the idea of eating with mismatched sticks. It's effortless and looks interesting on the table. I did a quick google search and look what I found.



No comments: