October 31, 2006

SMELLS LIKE BARCELONA TO ME

Before InStyle magazine said it was hot, I knew it was. When visiting a foreign land, invest in a fragrance that will forever connect you to that place.
Ten years ago I visited Paris and bought {A} Herve Leger {now on sale at Overstock}. A few years later I was in Vienna and found myself drawn to a scent called {B} Black by Bvlgari {you can get it at Sephora}. Just recently in Barcelona I indulged in two beautiful scents. Laurence Dumont Vanille Orientale {needs no explaination} came from Sephora and Aqua Allegoria Foliflora by Guerlain. The last one will always be part of a larger memory. I walked into a perfumeri on a busy Barcelona street and found myself surrounded by so many rare and beautiful bottles and scents - the ones you hear about but never pass by at Nordstrom or Maceys. For a brief moment, I was in girl heaven.
A.












B.












C.

No comments: