January 31, 2007

SNOW: THE SILENT PREDATOR

I woke up this morning with a few inches of fresh powder covering my car and the ground. I glanced down at my pretty, square-toed, brown suede Bisou Bisou heals and realized it really does benefit me to look out the window before I dress myself in the morning. Living in a basement sure doesn't help because most of the windows give a lovely view of a window-well. But I had plenty of chances to glance out by the back patio, and didn't.
A quick trip back inside for my Ugg look-a-likes {Costco, $35} and I was off! Traffic was terriblely delayed so I took a snapshot of the dismal day.










A Patch of Old Snow


There's a patch of old snow in a corner
That I should have guessed
Was a blow-away paper the rain
Had brought to rest.

It is speckled with grime as if
Amall print overspread it,
The news of a day I've forgotten -
If I ever read it.

-Frost

1 comment:

ali said...

Ha! My sister owns those same Costco lookalikes. She lovingly dubbed them her "Fuggs" for "faux Uggs."

Glad the Bisou Bisous were saved.