February 21, 2007

COACHELLA HAS GONE MAINSTREAM

Last year when Kanye West and Madonna performed at Coachella the cat was out of the bag; Coachella had gone mainstream. It's kind of disappointing. I've been the last two years which, for some, probably isn't considered enough to be spouting off about it; but, I know a bit about indie music. I know what to expect from the artists, the patrons, and food vendors at these types of venues. And one thing you should never see is the likes of Kanye West...headlining.




















This year Coachella got even bigger; expanding to three days instead of just two. The line-up was pretty good; and I was trying to decide whether to go just two days or all three. But then I checked out the site today and found that it's mostly sold out. SOLD OUT!
Divine intervention has made up my mind for me. Looks like Nate and I will head to the midwest this year to enjoy Chicago in July. Pitchfork Music Festival...here we come!

No comments: