May 14, 2007

THE FOREVER STAMP

I'm sure most of you know that the price of a good ol' US Postage Stamp increased from 39 to 41 cents today. And I'm sure there are many like me who are now stuck with a bunch of 39 cent stamps that didn't get used in time. So much for being prepared and carrying a stash around in my cute little leather-bound pocketbook calendar.

Short Term Fix: buy 2 cent stamps and take the opportunity to make your envelopes look extra colorful.
Long Term Fix: buy the "forever stamp" being released as soon as next month.

According to the US Postal Service the "forever stamp" will cost whatever the going rate is for a stamp, but if you buy them for 41 cents and the price goes up to 46 cents you won't need to add any penny stamps to equal 46. They are "forever valid" at whatever price you paid. Nice huh? Read the full story here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard about these on Regis & Kelly today. Brilliant!