July 10, 2007

UP EARLY

This morning my alarm sounded at a very early 4:50am. Nate's brother Ryan, his wife Holly and their two cute girls Lydia {4) and Violet {1} stayed at our house lastnight in order to catch an early flight out of Salt Lake City. Nate and I are just a 30 minute drive to the airport. It was a lot of fun to have them stay and hang out a bit; Although we were limited on hang-out time by the understanding that 5:00am comes painfully early.
We left the house around 5:30am and I got to see a whole new side of our neighborhood and the world. I haven't been up that early since I trained for the marathon I never ran. The sunrise was pretty although smokey from the enormous fire in Southern Utah. The lake seemed peaceful and our neighborhood was so quiet with just the sprinklers breaking the silence.
I guess what I'm saying is, though life is pretty good right now, I think it would improve if I could get up a little earlier in the mornings. It was nice to muck around the house this morning, water the flowers and eat a sit-down breakfast {yogurt, fresh berries, and wheat toast}. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow. Though I think 6am is sufficient. Let's not get too carried away!
{Image from Getty.}

1 comment:

brandi (and tim) said...

Sorry, but I'm a chronic "one upper". My alarm clock went off at 3:30 this morning. I got to work so early that my security pass didn't even work so I had to ckeck in with the guard to let me in. I managed to work a half day while still making Brandi's 9:50 am doctor's appointment. Then again, it's now 2:30pm and I just woke up from a nap. So it's been a bit of a trade off. The sunrise this morning was really intense down here.