August 18, 2008

CELEBRATING #3 IN BANFF

























Nate is doing some work in Calgary and will be there for our third anniversary. So rather than feel picked on for not being together to celebrate, we've decided to make a trip of it. I'll be flying to Calgary on our anniversary and will be spending several days between Calgary and Banff. If you've been to either destination I'd love to her recommendations for things to see and do.
So far, we're planning to catch a hockey game in Calgary and we're definitely riding the gondola in Banff. Ideas?

4 comments:

CaraDee said...

I haven't been to Banff since I was 12. The main memory is of feeding the whipperjays(?) out of our hands. That was cool. Have a great time.

Whit said...

Wow that looks awesome, Tonia! Have fun!

Andrea said...

I was in Calgary/Banff 2 years ago at this time of year and really enjoyed it. I recommend staying at the Banff Springs Hotel, hiking in Jasper National Park, checking out the amazing blue lakes (Lake Louise), and seeing the Athabasca Glacier. The town of Banff is cute and there is good dim sum in Calgary. Have fun!

The Meesh said...

Jealous is beyond describing me right now. I've wanted to go to Banff FOR YEARS! Anyplace beautiful and adventure oriented is for me. Have a great time!