August 28, 2006

ROSE GOLD BANGLES

These are the beautiful Rose Gold bangles Nate gave me for our anniversary. He is regretfully aware of my love for rose gold and very thoughtfully picked these out with the help of Kym.

For our anniversary I put together a book detailing our first year. It included
photos of us amid various adventures, lists of concerts we've been to, medications we've taken, phrases we've coined. I know what you are thinking, an album is not the best gift for a guy. But times have changed; men cry and knit and watch lifetime movies (right?) Undoubtedly we will both find joy in this book years from now when life is more complicated. It may just end up being our favorite read ever.

So back to my love of rose gold. I think one of the reasons I like it so much is because it makes a piece of jewelry look like an heirloom. I've always romanticized about having jewelry passed down to me from a grandma or great grandma. But this has never happened. So I've decided that I want to pass things down to my future children and grand children. Hopefully they will cherish what I give them.

I'm not normally one to brag, but I just have to include a picture of my wedding ring. It's white and rose gold. And in the center of the flower is a pink diamond. It's a perfect ring and someone will be very, very lucky to receive it someday. This will surely go to my favorite.
In this photo, my ring is on the right. Simon G is the designer and makes beautiful things. Everything has a hint of keepsake and makes you want to store it in a velvet pouch.

No comments: