September 18, 2006

THE LAST KISS

Nate and I went to see "The Last Kiss" starring Zach Braff, Jucinda Barrett, and Rachel Bilson. It is a remake of a 2001 Italian movie called, Ultimo bacio, L'. I get hesitant to recommend movies because there will always be someone who doesn't like it. Someone who will not only criticize the movie, but anyone who recommended it to their friends. To those people I say, "shove off". I liked the film.

I liked it because it felt like something I could actually relate to. Most relationships progress with moments of uncertainty, fear and often stupidity. But that's rarely shown in the light-hearted romantic comedy films of our era. This is definitely NOT a Meg Ryan-esque date movie. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a dose of "relationship reality".

This movie, while dark, does deliver some good moments of humor which caused Nate to share his contagious laugh with everyone in the theater. Including me.

No comments: