September 08, 2006

LOOK-A-LIKE

About a month ago, Kym introduced me to one of the most entertaining internet tools around. It's a little website called myheritage.com and it will bring you more delight then a scoop of your favorite ice cream.

After you've created an account (well worth the 2 minutes to set it up), you have the option to upload a photo of yourself and scan/compare it with thousands of celebrity photos...to find your look-a-likes. The first celebrity photo you see will be the one with the highest percentage of similarities. And then it will go down from there.

Try to choose a photo where you are looking straight into the camera, and if possible without a big smile. Best option would be a prison mug-shot if you can simulate. If you want to make it really fun, don't request that it only look for celebrities of your same gender.

My greatest look-a-like is an art-house actress from the 60s and 70s named Liv Ullmann. I've read a lot about her now and think she is quite charming and beautiful, just like I'll be when I'm 68. Also on my list were Helena Bonham-Carter, Joan Cusak, Wynona Ryder, and Viggo Mortensen. Yeah, that's right, I said Viggo and he's a man.

The only reason Kym and I think this program is slightly suspect is because it didn't ever, even once, recognize the undeniable resemblance between me and Sally Field. Smokey and the Bandit Sally, not Steele Magnolias Sally.

Smokey and the Bandit Sally:












Steele Magnolias Sally:














Here is my look-a-like. Hooray for Liv Ullmann. Fabulous at 68!

1 comment:

Tonia Conger said...

Her eyes droop just like mine. I think it's a distinguished way to "give in" to aging.