October 05, 2006

ONE GOOD MOMENTO

I've been able to do a bit of traveling in my life. Not in excess the way I'd prefer to, but I've seen some beautiful places. Vienna, Salzburg, Prague, Bratislava, Paris, Amsterdam, Kenya, Tanzania (Kilimanjaro), Zanzibar, and London. And on Saturday, Spain.
When you are seeing something pretty for the first time you want to capture that moment and remember it forever. Which is why people spend so much money on souvenirs. When I first traveled outside the country I made a decision that I would find one special thing in each place I visited and that's all I would purchase.
In Paris I had an artist do a sketch of me which hangs in my mom and dad's house. In Prague I bought an Amber bracelet from a street artist. In Vienna I bought a nice bottle of balsamic vinegar and enjoyed it with some good bread when I got home. In Salzburg I bought a silly little cork screw at a flea market. In Tanzania I bought a bracelet from a woman in a Maasai villiage. In Amsterdam I carried 72 tulips from a flower market and they survived a few weeks after I got home. You get the point.
I wonder what I'll find in Spain. Stand by.

No comments: