October 20, 2006

PLAYING GAMES

My opinions on board games are mixed. On one hand I like them and think they create a fun and interactive way to spend time with friends and family {and a great way to break the ice (see charades)}. But on the other hand I've seen competition get out of hand and squelch anything good about it while two brothers wrestle each other to the floor because someone is cheating. Do you have a favorite game? Let me know.

If you are of the inclination to play games, here are a few I like.

1. Rush Hour: This is a game you play on your own. If your game passions include rubix cubes and puzzles, this may be the ideal game for you to own. There are refill cards and additional cars if you become a master. Very affordable at $15. Get it here.












2. Ticket to Ride: If you stop in at the Sherman Conger residence you are likely to find them playing this game. It comes with both a North America and an European version. Get it here for $30.

















3. Masterpiece, Art Auction: This game is a favorite at the Thompson home. Ruth and Ryan bought it on Ebay (it's a classic) and it quickly became a fun one. Must-haves to make sure the game is a success? My dad. When he does the auction {ala selling your pig at the county fair} you'll laugh til you turn blue. Sorry, he doesn't come with the game. You can find versions of this floating around the internet.















4. Call me old fashioned, but I still like Scrabble, Boggle and Dominos.

No comments: