November 28, 2006

BAGGIN' THE ZZZZZZ

Nate and I bought a bed. I never go to Down East Home (Pottery Barn Outlet in Utah) but went in Logan during Thanksgiving. While I was shopping around, a bed caught my eye. I tried to picture it in our new bedroom and then I tried to picture Nate liking it in our new bedroom. In my mind it passed both tests.
We've been in discussion for a while now about upholstered headboards. I really want one but Nate thinks they are too feminine. He likes the big, dark wood sleigh beds. My personal opinion is that you need a very large room if you are going that direction and we just don't have a fortress in our new house. Plus, they just aren't the look I'm going for.
After Nate went with me to look at it we both compromised and decided to buy it. It's not a dark wood sleigh bed for Nate, nor is it a pretty upholstered bed for me. But it's a good compromise that we got for 50% off. It's a cKing which means we'll need to get a new mattress since we now sleep on a Queen. Yippee! Our first new piece of furniture!

1 comment:

jordan said...

I don't think upholstered beds are feminine. Its all about what the bedspread looks like.

Cute bed anyway....I want a big bed but alas it won't fit in our apartment.