December 07, 2006

GIRLFRIEND GIFT #8

Girls like to steep in a hot, sweet smelling, bubbly bath. We just do. We all have different ways of doing it {for instance, I get really hot and therefore soak briefly while drinking a cold beverage} but the fact remains that girls like to relax, exfoiliate, sip tea, listen to music or read, and maybe even light a candle. This is not in any way a method of seduction either. No beckoning or wanton looks. It's girl-time, 100%.
I happen to have three friends that LOVE this very thing. A proper girlfriend gift that is sure to be used/loved - bath accessories. Bubbles, body scrub/oil, a good book, some good tea. Here are a few items I recommend.
1. Cake Beauty: citrus squeeze sinfully smooth brown sugar scrub. It's got orange, pink grapefruit, lemon and lime essential oils. Yum. Get it here for $28.














2. Fresh makes some delightful, girly fragrances. I happen to have the lemon SugarBath Bath Cubes and testify to their loveliness. With the healing properties of brown sugar and the effervescent bubbles exfoliating your dead skin away, there's nothing left for you to do but lay back and relax. Get them here for $32.
















3. Speaking of laying back to relax, consider this memory foam bathtub pillow at Brookstone. It secures to the tub with suction cups, has a removable/washable waterproof cover, and makes you feel like you are relaxing on a warm, liquidy cloud. Ahhh.













4. Bathing tunes are essential. They can really help you forget the day and relax. I'm recently a big fan of Cat Power. Her album "The Greatest" is one I can see myself enjoying. Click here to hear a sample of Cat Power.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice...I'm a huge fan of the bath soak...and I'm a huge fan of Cat Power. I think I will put the two together sometime this weekend.