December 23, 2006

THIGHS LIKE FIRE!

I knew I was out of shape. But everyone gets out of shape at different times in their lives. Not so pathetically out of shape that they can only make about three turns in a fabulous amount of fresh powder before their thighs burn like fire. To achieve this kind of out of shapeness you have to sit idle for many, many days. Eat atrocious amounts of fattening foods and then sit idle some more.

As you can likely guess, the ski day was great. I'll take a cold, stormy day on the slopes over sitting at my computer any day. Nate introduced me to my "worst nightmare ever". Mogules as tall as me and deeper then the ocean. I stabbed one particularly large mogule right in the gut with my ski and shot out of it like a cannon after which I popped out of my remaining ski and walked down. Novice move? Maybe. But I successfully avoided any broken bones and kept explitives to a minimum! All in all it was a great day at Alta; the chili was delicious and I didn't miss the snowboarders a bit.

No comments: