January 14, 2007

NEW HOUSE UPDATE

Nate and I paid another visit to our new house this weekend. We wanted to see how the paint colors and cabinets looked. Cabinets are fabulous but the jury is still out on the blue paint color. The paint chip looked grey blue and quite subtle. The color on the walls might be a little more intense then I'd hoped. Contrary to my standard modis operandi, I'm going to wait and see. Once everything is completed I'll reassess the color and decide if we need to perform an emergency re-paint or if it will be as splendid as I'd originally planned. What do you think? Too blue?

















The cabinets look great. I'm glad we decided to go with this near white alternative because it makes the kitchen fill with light and claim individuality from the standard stained cubinets in most new homes.






















Without hesitation I had to snap a photo of the color of our front door. If it looks a little pink to you, then the photo isn't doing it justice - it's fuscia. Now originally we'd planned to have our door stained a nice pretty brown so I'll have to talk to the designer and find out what happened. My hope is that this door isn't the first thing you see when approaching our new abode. Maybe

1 comment:

jordan said...

Pretty! I actually like the color of the door... Is it red?

What will the counters be made of? is coming together!