January 24, 2007

TO RUG OR NOT TO RUG

Nicole at Making it Lovely featured some photos of her apartment in Chicago and I really fell for her moroccan dining room rug. After further inspection {and a quick email to Nicole}, the rug appears to be from West Elm and it is currently on sale.
I showed the photo to Nate and he seemed to like it {if I interogated him CIA style I'd probably uncover that he is hesitant with the orange color} but wanted to get further opinion. I love it. Our dining room is on your immediate left when you walk in the house and I think a pop of orange in that room will liven things up. Wall color is a mossy green/grey and floors are dark walnut. Opinions are welcome/needed. I must pull the plug on this quickly if I want to get one while they are still available for the killer price of $199.00 for 8'x10'. HELP!

Nicole's room














West Elm show room

3 comments:

ali said...

Rug, definitely. Love. It.

Anonymous said...

Go for it. The color has great energy and warmth! It would look good with the colors you already have going in that room. If you get it, you will have to post a picture of it in its new home!

Tonia Conger said...

It's official, I bought it. Once it's in place at the house and the room looks put together, I'll take a nice snapshot of it and post it for all to see. Thanks for your opinions!