March 29, 2007

I'M A NEW MEMBER

This morning I was driving to work, listening to NPR {via KUER} and I realized how many of their shows I listen to and enjoy. Here is a short list in no particular order:
  1. Diane Rehm
  2. Radio West
  3. Car Talk
  4. Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me
  5. This American Life
  6. Morning Edition
  7. All Things Considered
So {drumroll} I called in and became a new member with a donation of $40! The best part was when they read my name on the air. I felt so responsible at that moment.

5 comments:

ali said...

Way to go! Do you prefer KUER to KCRL? I'm always curious why people pick the ones they do.

I actually prefer KUER, but that's because my sister interned there like 10 years ago and it was my introduction to the wonder that is public radio.

Julie said...

Hey, uh, remember you have a close personal friend with a killer taste in music who works for KCPW . . . ? Next time you can become a member of that station and maybe that friend will let you join her in the family RV again someday. ;)

ali said...

I think I meant KCPW. That's funny.

Tonia Conger said...

Julie, when you guys do your fund drive I'll totally become a member and support KCPW!

Anonymous said...

I love those shows too! But I am one of those well-intending, never donating, blood-sucking listeners. My all time favorites are Prairie Home Companion and Car Talk. Looooove them.