August 01, 2007

HOW TO BEHAVE AT A CONCERT

















Nate and I went to the Ryan Adams concert at Red Butte Gardens last night. It was the ultimate people-watching experience. We got there early in hopes of getting a really good spot on the grass but still ended up near the back with a busy pathway separating us from the stage.
We did, however, still have about two hours to kill before the music started which gave me ample time to put together my top five concert annoyances.

1. The Shady Brady. Yeah, I know you got it on your favorite trip to Cancun but it's just not that cool anymore. Trust me.
2. Don't step directly onto the center of someone's concert blanket, wearing shoes, without saying excuse me. It's just rude.
3. If you are in a crowded area and feel like standing up to listen to the music, make sure everyone behind you is standing, or is too drunk to care that you are standing right in front of their otherwise unimpeded view of the stage.
4. Don't wear your skimpiest clothes. I know you are hoping that prowling around the concert will bring you into the arms of your fateful true love, but it's not likely. What is likely...everyone else at the concert will know every intimate detail of your bum cheeks and breasts before the night is over.
5. Be careful of how you dance at the concert. Especially if you have had, or plan to have, a lot to drink. You think you're jamming cool, really feeling the acoustic tunes. Others look at your hideous jolted movements coupled with your drunken, angst ridden facial expressions and make fun of you. {you know who you are Mr. guy wearing a bandanna on his head last night}.

Concert Review: The music was good. Not great. He seemed ONLY to play his slow alt country songs with long spontaneous jam sessions and no singing. He didn't play anything remotely energetic; he didn't stand from his stool all night. Not once. I guess I was expecting a bit more rock. Is this Ryan Adams all cleaned up? Is this Ryan Adams all depressed and on-the-wagon? All in all, I'm not steaming mad or anything, just hoped for something more engaging.

5 comments:

dayna said...

ha ha...love this post. I love people watching--somehow I think I am the normal one, when I am sure that others are noticing quirks just like I see theirs...

I'm A said...

i am looooving shark week. i am completely terrified, and fascinated at the same time.

p.s. you guys look adorable in that picture.

Sweets said...

That is my absolute favorite picture of the two of you!!!!

The Meesh said...

Shady Brady is out? No one sent me the memo! I'm digging the one with turquoise beading...

allison said...

Hi, you don't know me but I came upon your blog through "ali loves curtis"! and I had to laugh really hard at this because me and my hubby went to this concert and I think we were sitting behind you somewhere from the pictures... but we felt the EXACT same way about the people watching, the ridiculous drunk dancers and so on! SO FUNNY. haha.

I couldn't agree with this post more.