November 07, 2007

THANKSGIVING PRACTICE


















I've never made pie before. To be clear, I did help my mom a lot when I was younger. I'd sift the dry ingredients and spread flower out on the counter...but I never actually MADE the pie. So a few weeks ago I decided to try it; for the first time; as an adult.
Two things I discovered: 1) I don't own a rolling pin. 2) I don't own a pie dish. So with a little innovative thought, these treats came out of the oven, piping hot and ready to be enjoyed.
I rolled the dough using my Pam cooking spray can and I made eight tiny pies in my cute little ramekins. They made the perfect little personal sized desserts.
Someone told me I should never try a new recipe the day I'm serving it to guests. But honestly, I don't really want to brine a turkey and make stuffing if i don't have to. I'm a working girl!

No comments: