August 16, 2008
I've been so busy for weeks. Maybe months. Just like exercise, blogging has been one of the first things to drop off the list of must-dos. I was flying home from Denver yesterday and I kept getting distracted at the Hudson News shop by the cover of Oprah's Magazine. It said in big purple letters across the top, "Too busy to live?" And I thought, "Oh Yes!"
I read the article and found some solace knowing I'm not alone. There are enough people feeling this way to warrant a magazine article about it. The statement that seemed to ring true and cause me to think was this: "No matter how much or how little we're doing, we're always just doing what we're doing, simply living this one moment of our lives. Business is a state of mind, not a fact."
So I'm going to start a short list of things that would be nice to do. And I'm going to do them. If business is just a state of mind then I'm determined to change my state. And I'm going to remain nice while I do it.
1. exercise every morning before work to create some peace of mind and consistency at the beginning of each day.
2. take advantage of harvest time and eat plenty of local fruits and vegetables.
3. do a short detox to flush the layers of caffeine out of my system. Drink water.
4. plan a relaxing and fun trip to Banff for our anniversary.
5. spend 2 hours in a spa and get a facial and a massage.