December 09, 2011

THE SICKS

Wouldn't you know it. Looks like Murphy and his pathetic law have been hovering over my head, looking for just the right time for Clemmy and I both to get the flu. And that time is the exact time that Nate leaves town for four days. Clem and I have been sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, and fevering all over each other since Monday.
My little lion cub has been so good even though she can barely breath and her body aches and her head hurts. She still gives me giant gummy grins every chance she gets and the kisses...oh the kisses she plants so forcefully on my cheeks are like a slobbery love-lick from the family dog. Sick or healthy, I'm totally in love with this brave girl that has kicked the ass of her premature birth.
Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go snuggle next to Miss Congestion herself.
shhhhh.

No comments: