August 25, 2006

MY FIRST ANNIVERSARY

NATE AND I CELEBRATED OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY THIS WEEKEND. A YEAR AGO TODAY, AUGUST 27, 2005, WE TIED THE KNOT!
I LOVE HIM AND IN HIS HONOR I'M GOING TO MAKE A SHORT LIST OF THE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT HIM. REMEMBER: THIS IS THE SHORT LIST. WHEN I'M 95 AND ON MY DEATH BED I MAY BE ABLE TO COMPLETE IT. MAYBE.


_his amazing shoulder muscles. he was a swimmer in highschool. lucky me.
_his feathery blue eyes. they make me sleepy.
_his fatty lips. they were made for kissing!
_his teeth are perfect chicklets and pearly white.
_his butt is round and nothing but muscle. quite impressive.
_his nose is flawless. i hope our kids get his nose.
_his freckles. just like a little boy, he gets freckles on his nose and cheeks in the summer.
_his nutty wit. you can't ever get bored with him because he reinvents wackiness every day.
_his laugh. it's loud and joyous and makes me smile from ear to ear.
_the way he skiis. fearless. fast. uber rad!
_how he rides his motorcycle. he's just some kind of stud when he gets on that bike.
_the way he plays radiohead and beck on his guitar. sometimes he sings and that's my favorite.
_his calf muscles. they are perfect. i can't say anything more then that.
_his passion for linux. he reminds me of charlie brown. very dedicated to his cause.
_the way he sticks to it. he never gives up and that makes him really good at many things.
_his confidence. he's like a marble statue that you just look at and admire.
_his swim stroke. i can pick him out at the pool. he's fast and strong.
_the way he looks in his cycling clothes. don't get me started!
_little kids are drawn to him. he doesn't even try and they just love him more.
_he rocks in the kitchen. he loves to experiment and has mastered the art of thai food.
_his flat feet. i like the way they make him walk.
_he is so wicked smart. i'm pretty sure he might be a genius. fabulous vocabulary.
_that he wanted to be an astronaut when he was a kid.
_he does origami. on our honeymoon he caught me off guard by doing it on-the-fly.
_he rinses his dishes. thanks baby!
_he loves music and i love music. we love going to shows and rockin' out at home.
_he is just as addicted to flip flops as me.
_he's not afraid to try anything. i hope i learn this from him.
_he did a triathlon with my neice and let her beat him. it was really sweet to watch.
_he did the same race this year and rocked it hard! took 8th in his age group.
_he loves me and that might be the best feeling ever.

Okay, you may be barfing right now but I didn't do it for you. I did it for Nate. We just got home from Snowbird resort where we had fabulous massages, raced on the alpine slide (i kicked his butt), ate a marvelous buffet breakfast against a view of the mountains that was grand. October fest was going on at the resort so we also ate bratwurst with saurkrat and listenedd to polka music.
I love you baby!

No comments: