July 06, 2008

I WANT A PET, OR A BABY























I was innocently {okay, lazily} sitting on the couch with my feet thrown over the coffee table on Friday night. Usual position. Nate sat in the club chair to my left. A commercial comes on with Sara McLachlin singing "Arms of an Angel" only it's for some foundation that helps prevent animal cruelty and is trying to incent people to adopt pets. And suddenly, I'm crying and begging Nate to get a pet. He said what someone allergic to animals always says, "no". So then I told him if I couldn't have a pet, I wanted a baby. The conversation ended with us both laughing and then me trying to convince him to get a pet, again.
I want to adopt this dog. So cute.

7 comments:

Sweets said...

I have 3 cats and am allergic. I love them all that much.

Tegan said...

I vote for a baby!! Does my vote even count??

sherrin said...

I vote for baby also!!! Babies are much more rewarding in all the ways that count. I also think you will have such cute kids...and I'm not even prejudice!!

Love, Mom

brandi (and tim) said...

I think it's time.

~b

Holly Conger said...

I've had both, and although I've loved both, there is no comparison to the love you feel for your own child. Really, after you have one, no matter what you've done in your life, nothing will compare to the way your heart could explode with love for your child. Thant's why I have 2! :)
(Plus it would be great for you to take some down time, have a baby, and WRITE A BOOK!)

Nells-Bells said...

I'm a friend of Dayna's and I vote for baby too. I have two of my own and I agree with Holly, there is nothing like the love you feel for your own child. It is very hard to describe but the most sweet feeling in the whole world.

Always In Style said...

I've had this same conversation 1001 times...still waiting for my furbaby!