November 08, 2011

Dear People Magazine,

I usually brush my teeth by1pm. My makeup routine on a good day is mascara, lip gloss and a little blush. Some days I don't brush my hair at all. And I recently coined the term "winter of knits" on a shopping trip with Kym and our wee ones. You see, I haven't put on any clothes with structure since I was about 6 months pregnant. Everything I wear is knit. Thank goodness there are some beautiful options out there; unfortunately an entire knit ensemble makes me look like I've had the flu indefinitely.

All this being said, I feel like a total rockstar whenever I enter a room - as long as that room has Clementine in it. She swoons. She coos. She looks at me like I'm the MOST IMPORTANT PERSON EVER. Sure, my breath might be heavy-laden with onion from last nights pico de gallo and I might be wearing this lavender t-shirt for a third day...but her eyes say, "Stars are just like us". To her beautiful big, blue eyes I'm on the pages of People Magazine and I look this cool doing mundane things like loading the dishwasher or scrubbing her bottles. P.S. I DON'T.

Don't let her expression fool you. She thinks I'm RAD.
In the end, if I'm a celebrity in Clementine's eyes, I've won the lottery.

2 comments:

dayna said...

aw.. well said, and so true. makes me feel a little better on this very pregnant day.

kel said...

i just heard you had a baby -- miss clementine is beautiful! i'm so very happy for you and wish you all the best.

p.s. a winter of knits sounds good to me :)