August 29, 2006

ROPES COURSE

Last night Nate and I joined the recently married Annie and John-Paul (JP), and the soon to be married Lisa and Nate for some ropes course challenges out near Utah Lake. This was all in celebration of JP's birthday week which I think is a splendid idea for everyone to consider.

Here are a couple of photos for the zipline: My Nate, JP, Lisa, and Nate!






The first activity was the zipline (see photos left and above). For me, climbing up the tree was far more scary then jumping off the platform. Heights is my greatest fear and running a close second is sharks. Annie went up the zipline first and had the most frightening task of showing the rest of us that it was safe and fun. We all followed in her fine example and experienced the exhilaration of flying through the trees with the wind through our helmeted hair.

Next we did a couples ladder climb. Each wooden rung was about 4'5" apart and there was nothing to hang on to (legally) but the rungs and your partner. I have to give awards here. Lisa and Nate went first and to them I give the award of Most Determined. They didn't have the benefit of gaining strategy by watching someone else do it first. They made it and might I say that Lisa is one tough girl! See photo below.


Next JP and Annie took the ladder. They are both really tall so they had an advantage. The newly weds of just 3 months completed the ladder and I give them the award of Most Sexually Arousing Performance. You can't tell by the photos, but the positions they found themselves in while helping each other up the rungs was truly HOT!

Finally Nate and I climbed up the ladder. I may be biased but I think we might have given the strongest performance. However, because each one was entertaining in its own right, I give Nate and I, Best Team Work. I woke up this morning feeling every bit the 35 year old that I am. Nate was HOT and totally strong during the climb. His big strong arms would just pull me up. In return, I let him step on my thigh to get a leg up. See photo below.

So at this point I have B.O. But we press on. We all wanted a chance at what they called the trapeze. It was too dark by this point so there are no pics documenting this leg of the course. The trapeze consists of a 30' branch with a tiny platform on the top. By tiny I mean it's no bigger then a piece of paper in dimension. The object is to climb the 30' to the perch, stand a-top and then leap off in hopes of catching the trapeze that is about 7' out and a few feet higher then you are on the perch. All the guys came close, the girls...not a chance. I was the last one to climb up and by this time it was totally dark. I had to use my bat-like instincts to climb the branch and perch myself in the treetops. All was well and we all came out victorious.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JP!

No comments: